1. Enter the amount of players in the tournament.
2. Enter the percentage of games that end in a natural tie, an important factor for determining the expected outcome of a tournament.
Common values: Standard bo3 50min: 16-20% (=0.16-0.20) Expanded bo3 50min: 14-18%.
However, tie rates can vary siginificantly between tournaments and set releases, so make sure to consider multiples different values.
3. Select whether Intentional Draws should be taken into account. This option only activates IDs that guarantee a spot in Top Cut. If a point total is already safe even without any additional points, it will be assumed players play out their round instead when going into a Top 32 cut. For Top 8 cuts or lower they will still take the tie, as additional points won't matter anymore.
4. Select whether intentionally drawing two rounds in a row should be taken into account. E.g. If a player has 18 points after round 7 at a Regional in which 20 points are guaranteed to make Top 32, it will be assumed they ID the last two rounds.Sometimes players may decide to take a risk and play out their rounds instead to potentially be in a better position for day 2, so deactivating this option can make sense.This option is only applied for the Top 32 Day 2 cut, and automatically on for Top 8 cuts if IDs are enabled.
5. Select whether unsafe Intentional Draws should be taken into account. If an ID doesn't guarantee getting into Top Cut, but still leaves a high chance of doing so, players may decide to take the tie anyway. If this option is enabled, and the respective IDs would lead to at least 2/3 of players on the bubble making it in, those IDs will be assumed.
6. This option will add a second set of Swiss rounds before the final Top 8 cut, if the player number is big enough for it (227+). Otherwise it will go directly into Top 8, adding one additional Swiss round when appropriate (410+).
7. Tournament organizers can choose to omit the final Swiss round and immediately proceed into top cut instead. Select this option if you want to simulate such situation.
8. Tie rates may at times be a lot lower than usual because of the re-introduction of "Gentleman Agreements". This option significantly lowers the tie percentages for any matches during the last two rounds where both players need to win to stay in day 2 contention.
On a general note, the calculated results are usually decimals and not whole numbers. If for example a point total is expected to be held by 2.5 players, it is equally likely to end up being 2 or 3 in the real tournament. Keep in mind there can be bigger deviations in more complicated cases, as natural ties are expected to be equally distributed among different scores, while this is obviously not exactly the case in practice. Accuracy should be high for smaller tournaments with less ties, but the more complexity is added, the more unpredictable a tournament becomes. Especially day 2 results can vary by a lot.